Hello from Indy! 95 A2R

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
geekrunner

Hello from Indy! 95 A2R

Post by geekrunner »

Hello to all you 'Cuda owners! I'm a mountain biker from Indianapolis, Indiana USA. I currently own a 2011 Niner Jet9 and an On-One 456 Carbon. I am active with the Hoosier Mountain Bike Association, and help out with new trail construction in Indianapolis and central/southern Indiana.

I was looking for a beater bike to ride to work, and to pull my BOB trailer for trail work, and while perusing Craigslist, I found this Barracuda A2R. It was owned by a roadie who occasionally mountain biked, and IIRC he bought it brand new. I had no idea of the history behind Barracuda bikes, but it rode nicely and everything worked. It appears to be all original. So I plunked down the money and off I went.

The first thing I noticed was that it was made with Tange steel, which I knew right then that this was not regular ordinary bike, and definitely not an X-Mart bike. After a little research I found your site, and found out the bike was a '95 model. I had planned on modifying it a bit to fit me better, but I'm going to leave it alone for now. It's just a hair too small, but I only plan on riding to work (a two mile round trip) and pulling the BOB with rhinos and chainsaw.

I'm kinda stoked that I backed into this find! The last old mountain bike I had was a '97 GT LTS-5 with the elastomer FS, and burgundy/yellow scheme.

Chat with you all later!

Dave :ugeek:
Last edited by geekrunner on April 23rd, 2012, 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

neo_pop_71

Re: Hello from Indy! 95 A2R

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Welcome Dave! Nice find on that '95 A2R, that's probably my favorite color scheme! If one ever crosses my path for a fair price, that'll be my newest Cuda without a second thought! Glad you found the site, there is a nice collection of people for all parts of the country on here and we do a pretty good job of helping one another out. When you get a chance, post some pics of your Cuda in the Members' Bikes. Always nice to add another Cudahead to family!

Peace,

-DON-

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Wecome to the family,enjoy your new ride and please post pictures ....it is nice to see how each person puts a bit of their soul into their bike.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

geekrunner

Post by geekrunner »

Thanks! I did make one mod, I removed the Panaracer tires and mounted new wire bead Continental Race Kings. It smooths out the street ride, and they will grip well enough on the trail. The OEM Panaracers were way too aggressive for street riding. I'll save them back for posterity. Pics soon!

Dave