1st Mountain Bike - Mid-life Crisis

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
mbgamble

1st Mountain Bike - Mid-life Crisis

Post by mbgamble »

I'm a 46 year old dude on a journey to regain health. Just bought a 1995 A2R down the road at the oldest bike show in Knoxville and possibly Tennessee. We have LOTS of trails and I am looking forward to hitting then just as soon as I can.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: 1st Mountain Bike - Mid-life Crisis

Post by vpc66 »

Never to late to start ! Enjoy your new adventure into riding off road and remember there are skills that must be learn, so don't get upset if you see or read about " X " doing something you have a hard time with...that is part of the adventure and something you will look back on, smile and laugh about. Learn all you can about working on your own bike,ask questions if need be...no harm in that. Shame to see folks go into a shop for simple things but still support your local favorite shop because there will come a time that you need them. Have Fun now and go RIDE !!
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

mixalive

Re: 1st Mountain Bike - Mid-life Crisis

Post by mixalive »

Welcome to the Barracuda Forum and welcome to owning one of the coolest 90's mountain bikes made. Be sure to check out the Barracuda Lore section in the forum to update you on the history an relationship to Yeti Bicycles. I too have an A2R and it is my go-to bike for thrashing trails here in Austin, TX.
Sincerely,
Mixalive
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis