Looking at a Different Front End

Posts related to the restoration of Barracuda bikes.
willywill

Looking at a Different Front End

Post by willywill »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170960772097&fromMakeTrack=true

What do you guys know about these forks? What do you think this one is worth? I am looking for 80mm disc and or rim brake compatible and under $100 all inclusive. I had a 2001 Manitou fork like this and it was great but needed a full rebuild before I sold the bike, I rode the tar out of it though...wanted to get your guys opinion if I decide to pull the trigger.

Oh, the EFC rebuild took an unexpected turn. Once I got into the internals I found the right leg was missing a bushing, a c-clip of some sort, and it had been "upgraded" with springs. I use "" because I think the springs are too short which is why the compression is clunky. Haven't had a chance to investigate further. The good news though is that it cleaned up real nice! :lol:

Image is everything...

neo_pop_71

Re: Looking at a Different Front End

Post by neo_pop_71 »

I've always had good results with newer Manitou forks, especially the Ti line which seems to hold up better with use. I've always been one to look for Marz Bomber forks but that's just preference (and a bit of advertising). The Ebay fork is nice since it has a long clean steer tube... big points for that! Looks like a winner to me!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Have to love those nice soft plush Zokes...but I have heard they sag a bit with age ;)
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

vpc66 wrote:Have to love those nice soft plush Zokes...but I have heard they sag a bit with age ;)

Sorry man, I've yet to experience any saggy zokes... no saggin' zokes at my home!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Just rub it in.....If you close your eyes and make believe they are all the same...RIGHT!!!
PLEASE LIE TO ME AND JUST SAY YES..it has been so long I forgot how nice ......forks felt....
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane