My daughter's 1995 12" A2Z

Posts related to the restoration of Barracuda bikes.
Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Re: My daughter's 1995 12" A2Z

Post by Derek »

^^^^^^what they said^^^^^^^

Aaaand if those forks have a lockout, maybe you could train her with both methods. Or maybe have her ride the same trail with the preload all the way in and and all the way out, and then let her decide.

<enable facetious code> Then ground her if she doesn't do well. <disable facetious code>

Really tho'... I think we all started with rigids. But then I had lead based paint on my crib too.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

[quote="pee30wee@yahoo.

But then I had lead based paint on my crib too.[/quote]

That explains the dream post.... :lol:
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

God damn pee30wee... that is some funny sh*t my man!!!

I did too, it was in everything, they thought it help build strong muscles :roll:

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, I can see both the pros and cons. However, the decision may have been made for me... *SUCKS* ... the seller of the White Brothers fork has taken the dough and nothing for 10 days! Not a single reply to my emails, no fork, just nothing! I guess the guy wasn't cool with the $32.00 auction closing price! Man up, you know, don't be a be'yotch! The least he could do is return the money to Paypal... nope... now I have to go after this fool on top of being screwed out of my fair'n'square winnings!

The up side, I did score a SDG "Slim Jim" titanium rail and Kevlar saddle for Pee-Wee's Barracuda. The Ebay seller accepted my "Best Offer" of $20.00 (free shipping included), maybe that's a lot for a used saddle but all my trail bikes have SDG seats. Plus, it's period correct and matches so well... I know how the details matter to you 'Cuda divas!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

'Cuda divas!!!... :lol: ......Well from the first post I read I know I am out of that group :cry:

Not sure if it matters but I think it will look good on the bike...

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

I have noticed that ebay and paypal are making it way too easy for a seller to back out of a sale. And when they refund you, they pull feedback options so you can't notify the ebay members about the seller.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

I'm trying to be optimistic... the outside delivery date was today, I'm hoping that it does arrive in the next day or two. I can't file a claim or do anything through Ebay before the 5th, that stinks because the auction ended on the 22nd and I paid on the 23rd. So much for a good deal if it falls apart! The guy has 200+ transactions with 100% perfect positive record, not the type of seller that I expected would welch on the sale. The only saving grace is I can leave negative feedback unless Ebay takes that away from me!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Hope the seller just sent it late. I did a neutral feedback on one part and Ebay was in touch with me as to what was going on and had me do a report for their records...and that was on a top seller.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

* update *

The White Brothers XC-70 fork arrived today! :D

It looks like the seller may have used one of those shipping centers, I say this because the auction listed the fork would be shipped via UPS, but it was delivered by FedEx. I went ahead and left the seller positive feedback but I did give him unsatisfactory marks in the "communication" portion of the feedback form since he failed to contact (even after I sent 5 messages).

For what it's worth, pee-wee is stoked about having a fork that is the same as the one on my A2L! According to her, the Barracudas with matching White Brother forks are "sisters" and she can't wait until she is big enough to hit the trails!

Speaking of big enough... she has decided that since she has a mountain bike like mine, she also wants a track bike like mine too. So, being the bike slut that I am, I ran out and picked her up a used 2010 Globe Roll 01 frame for super cheap. Globe is a subdivision of Specialized, centering around urban bikes. It's great because the frame is made from double butted Reynolds 520 CrMo tubing, it has adjustable track drop outs (the new models don't), and runs standard 700c wheels. I swooped on this particular one because the frame is a small/45cm, which should be ideal for making the transition from her 26" wheel Cuda to a 700c (29'er) single speed. The bonus for me, when she outgrows the frame, I'll simply yank the parts and install them on her next larger track frame. She loves the frame but isn't crazy about the gray color (I like it), she asked if we could paint it, so I'm planning on taking it my buddy that has a paint shop and have him paint the frame turquoise (pee-wee's favorite color).

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

AGAIN...VERY COOL! The little one is so lucky and you as well. Will be nice to see that build moving along also. Have check small road frames for my son as well...but I stick to the though of waiting for him to grow a bit more after all I am a small guy and I have two Road bikes just siting there. Hope to see pic's come up as the bike is built same as the little Cuda which so glad all work out with the forks.