My daughter's 1995 12" A2Z

Posts related to the restoration of Barracuda bikes.
neo_pop_71

Re: My daughter's 1995 12" A2Z

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Thanks vpc66!

I'm really glad it all worked out in the end! For now, maybe because I expected the sale to fall through, I've decided to stick with the rigid "XX" fork that came with the frame. What helped solidify my decision making process was the 80mm NOS "BARRACUDA" logo quill stem I bought for the build plus it also has a new Odyssey TORO needle bearing headset. The bike is just about ready to roll, if I swap the fork now I lose all the new parts I mentioned, and I have to spend more money on a new threadless headset plus a threadless stem. Pee-wee's notion of "sisters" with matching Barracudas is going to have to wait for now. She can start out by cutting up the trail on a rigid steel mountain bike... just like her old man did in '85 on a second hand 1981 Ritchey Everest (what I consider my first legit trail bike). In fact, I think I'm going to pop in and see my buddy at my LBS, buy some housing and cables, and finish up her bike tomorrow! :D

Thanks for helping to inspire me to finish up the build, I was sort of dragging my feet with regard to the White Brothers fork and all the parts I'd be wasting plus those I'd have to buy!!! Hopefully I'll get some decent shots up too!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Which ever fork she starts off with sure she will have fun riding with Dad. It is already set to go with the rigid forks just means she will get a thrill when it comes time for the upgrade..pictures will be nice to see
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Notice you were on for a bit of time,hope for new pic's
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Naw, my buddy at my LBS is swamped, he is leaving at the end of the month, so everyone is trying to sneak their projects in before he splits. I may have some posted tonight, I'm supposed to pick the bike up this afternoon. We'll see... thanks for the interest! ;)

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

Um, pics?

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

pee30wee@yahoo.com wrote:Um, pics?

Okay man... I finally finished up the build on my daughter's Cuda, I posted some pics and specs in the MEMBER BIKES section. Thanks for that reminder to get movin'!!!

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

go!