my new project..

Posts related to the restoration of Barracuda bikes.
skubi1
Regular visitor
Regular visitor

my new project..

Post by skubi1 »

here's mine, just picked it up today as a project bike, so going to repaint and restore. just need to find some decals for it. paid 35 bucks for it, good deal or no?

serial number m96104978

other side of the bb says that it's a a2f. 14 inch frame, don't know what year it is.

always wanted one of these bikes since i was in the military in the early 90's in colorado.
Attachments
2012-05-01 13.23.44.jpg
2012-05-01 13.23.44.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 8739 times
Last edited by skubi1 on May 1st, 2012, 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: my new project..

Post by vpc66 »

Yea I fell in love with them in the early 90's but I was doing the road bike thing at the time then I started riding Fun bikes after they became no more. I used the shop that use to sell them for my mtb of a different brand and became friendly with him. When I found out he was selling his wifes Comp frame I bought it...His frame was to large a size for me and wish I remember what model that was but this all took place about 99/00 . Hope you post pictures of the build,I like to see the outcome of what each of us feel is their Cuda.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

skubi1
Regular visitor
Regular visitor

Post by skubi1 »

it's probably going to be over the course of the year that i build it up, get parts as i can, and repaint, not sure what colors yet. kinda wish that i would have picked one up back then, but i went with a 93 stumpjumper m2 that i still have and ride with almost all the original parts on it. oh, well, better late than never!

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey skubi1-

Welcome to site!

Can I ask why you are repainting the frame? It looks like it's in great shape and yes, $35.00 is a good price! The only thing I could see doing is replacing the barracuda decal on the seat tube (denoting a post '96 Ross made frame) with a TREES AMIGOS decal. The decal files are available on this forum. Good luck with the build, best to go slow and get great parts, that's always been my rule of thumb with builds.

-D-

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Yea I thought the paint job look nice also and would love to have come accross a deal like that. I kinda feel if it is to much of a show bike that first rut-ro you do to it will hurt that much more....and lets face it these are off road bikes made for enjoyment and things do happen while riding off road.......BUT not my bike sooooo Enjoy as you wish...wish I had it to make another Cuda ride for myself.

skubi1
Regular visitor
Regular visitor

Post by skubi1 »

if i do repaint it, i was going to get the same colors. there are some scratches through the paint, and it's scuffed in a few places. it's missing the other downtube cuda sticker, and the front tube ones a little beat up. so yeah, just some new stickers and refinish on the paint, and should be good to go. probably going to put the whole bike in a black and silver or black and white motif. as for the stickers, i have to see if my mac will download the pics, as i don't have ps on this computer, and it's a old powerbook, so no internet due to the operating system (panther). have to see if i can move this file from here to my mac, then save the files over there.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

COOL...I think it has a great color set. Next year I hope to run into a deal like that...I really need two of them because my son wants a Cuda as well. I really need to replace my frame but I like how Neo is doing his 1x9 which I have been keeping track on the build..I love Sheffey's ride also in the picture on the Fb part of this site and both of these builds have made me want a setup like that....

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

I had an A2R pass through my hands last year, and the silver looked good in pictures, but in person, it looked pretty bad. You might try to clear coat the existing silver to bring it back.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis