'94 A2E Rebuild

Posts related to the restoration of Barracuda bikes.
DPDISXR4Ti
Regular visitor
Regular visitor

'94 A2E Rebuild

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Figured I should start a new thread on this build. I recently acquired the frame which came with headset, BB, and seatpost. My plan is to turn it into a street cruiser mostly using components I already have.

Here's a quick mock-up with wheels and AMP fork...

A couple shots of the headset....
Anyone have any idea what headset this is? I didn't knock the lower cup into place yet, but that should be easy enough. What I'm not sure about is the top cup and whether I'm missing something. The matching blue cup you see doesn't fit snugly to the steer tube at all - shouldn't it?

And how bout the seatpost fitting? Aren't I missing a part here??? :?

Appreciate any input.
Brad

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: '94 A2E Rebuild

Post by vpc66 »

Yes you are missing a part to the seat post. It would be the part that sets the angle on top of the post plus the seat rides on that and the part you have holds the seat in place. Amp fork hey! The guy I bought my frame from used those on the frame before I bought it...they are very light,but I like the look of a more traditional fork. Keep build pictures coming,will enjoy it when we get to see the end.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

ctk
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by ctk »

Looks good already.

Yep missing a bit to the seatpost. Probably missing the compression ring to the headset. There is a good exploded diagram in the below link.

http://www.sicklines.com/2009/06/24/spotlight-cane-creek-110-headset/

DPDISXR4Ti
Regular visitor
Regular visitor

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

ctk wrote:Probably missing the compression ring to the headset. There is a good exploded diagram in the below link.

http://www.sicklines.com/2009/06/24/spotlight-cane-creek-110-headset/

Thanks for the link - I'm thinking this one doesn't have quite as many parts as the Cane Creek, but it's helpful regardless. There aren't any identifying marks on it so I imagine it's some no-name cheapie.
Brad