Great Dealon a Comp $100 San Diego

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Great Dealon a Comp $100 San Diego

Post by rbonif »

Parts alone see to be multiple times the price.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/bik/4137823399.html

small size 14" seat tube x 21.5" top tube frame is aluminum has a lot of paint scrapes from bike rack but no dents and it has xt derailers, cranks, hubs, skewers, and xtr v brakes. sram shifters, good mavic rims. marzochhi bomber forks everything works good tires are good gel seats good its all good to go the xt/xtr parts alone are worth 100.
good for rider arouind 5'1"-5'6"

100 cash

Anyone near San Diego?
Attachments
COMP.jpg
COMP.jpg (45.54 KiB) Viewed 9580 times

neo_pop_71

Re: Great Dealon a Comp $100 San Diego

Post by neo_pop_71 »

I've exchanged a few emails with the seller, I'm trying to line it up for next weekend, we're visiting my wife's grandmother who live in the same small beach city north of San Diego. I figured I'd pass the frame on to mixalive or vpc66 as my memory serves they both ride 14" frames. It was going to be a surprise but the Cuda is outta the fish bowl... I know you both have Comp Cudas already but I figured another couldn't hurt. No problem if both of you aren't interested, my lil' angel is riding a 12" A2Z these days, a 14" Comp would be a nice next step. In fact, forget you guys! I'm keepin' it!!! Sorry, just messin' with 'ya, I'll keep you posted...

-D-

rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by rbonif »

Apologies for ruining the surprise.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

It is another version of my baby....she just needs a little TLC !
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

rbonif wrote:Apologies for ruining the surprise.

Certainly not my good man, you ruined nothing!

Now I'm off the hook if it doesn't happen and I won't have to feel lousy about myself... then I'll get all depressed and have to pop a bunch of anti-depressants and listen to Joy Division and start cutting myself with a razor blade!

-or-

I can go ride my bike and say F*CK IT ! ! !

I swear if more people rode the bikes in their garages and got off all the pills, we'd all be in such a better place! Damn, if they could create a pill for the joy of riding, they would (you know they would), and more people would be ever more lazy and f*cked up!

*** I should mention that I spent a few hours wrenching at the LBS this afternoon listening to so many sad sacks driveling on about their poor health and how hard life is and that's why they can't make time to ride... Blah, blah, blah... now, I'm a little crisp!!! Sorry gang.***

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Hey I am one that had life change for the shittier and in no way can ride like I did, but Saturday I was on one of my old road bikes doing a little 35 mile beach line ride having a good time and laughs at the piss poor shape I am in...So I am with you on the fact that bikes are good for the body and soul !

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Absolutely Vinny, right there with 'ya my good brother! It's been more than 7 months since I was in the hospital for 5 days with those butchers talking all their mess about cutting my leg off. I was literally down for a month, no bikes, period end of story! No way I could throw a leg over a bike, my skin and muscles couldn't take it, can't forget the IV hangin' out of my arm for a month but the desire was there to ride asap. I didn't blame life for my situation and I certainly didn't expect anything of the world to give a damn or make any exceptions for my situation. Where does all this apathy come from? This entitlement that somehow life owes them something. What a bunch of crap! There are no promises and no one is owed anything! Where does this line of thinking come from? Case in point, my wife has 17 furlough days this school year and I have 12. Between us that's more than a month of lost income, we're not happy, but we know there are so many other people dealing with much worse... and this is after we both lost our second jobs with the county to budget cuts. Still with all that we're thankful for the employment we have and that gives us hope for the future.

rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by rbonif »

nice motivation here. Makes my ride Saturday after a root canal on Friday look like child's play.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Nothing more than Human Nature to doubt all when you have had the crap kick out of you, some throw in the towel early while others will get up, fight and if need be go down throwing punches to the very end. True character shows in a fight with all odds against you !

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Ha- That's funny rbonif, that's exactly what my buddy did couple weeks ago but he didn't trust getting tossed around on the trails so we changed it up and did a road ride instead... he ended up puking his guts out just before the turnaround point.

You nailed it there vpc66, that's exactly how it always goes with life's quitters getting out almost before the challenge starts and those that life has hardened that last until the end. I had this old punker buddy that wouldn't take any of life's crap, he always jumped in to stick up for the young ones and the girls at a punk show or a party. Any and every time someone was being picked on or treated poorly, he'd come to their aid, the only problem this guy couldn't fight to save his life! Knowing full well he'd get the crap kicked out of him, he be right there defending someone in need. His kindness always made it easy for me to lend a hand or two when it turned pear-shaped for him as I too hated bullies and racists. I never needed much prompting to end their night early... they all had it coming!!!