Red anodized Cuda seatposts - 27.3 & 31.6

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
neo_pop_71

Red anodized Cuda seatposts - 27.3 & 31.6

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey all-

Well, 2 weeks ago a red anodized XX Team stem popped up on Ebay, so I posted it here. This week, it's a red anodized XX Team seatposts. Here is the links:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLOY-SEAT-POST ... _556wt_106

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLOY-SEAT-POST ... 500wt_1317

Both look to be in excellent condition... anyone want to add a little XX look to your Barracuda? Now's your chance!

Good luck!

-D-

mixalive

Re: Red anodized Cuda seatposts - 27.3 & 31.6

Post by mixalive »

Check the description. He is calling it an anodized pink and and anodized purple. I think the picture is bogus.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

mixalive wrote:Check the description. He is calling it an anodized pink and and anodized purple. I think the picture is bogus.

Yeah... I saw that too but then I thought the poor bastard was colorblind like me!

"Never underestimate the powers of the handicapped..." -Handiman

skubi1
Regular visitor
Regular visitor

Post by skubi1 »

dang, i'd be over that one, but i think i need the 26.4 or whatever it is. why did they make so many different size seatposts???

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

skubi1 wrote:dang, i'd be over that one, but i think i need the 26.4 or whatever it is. why did they make so many different size seatposts, dammit???

Good point skubi1!

Since I started this thread... I can hijack it if I feel like it...

What size is your seatpost?

(Okay, save the joking comments :roll: or let 'em fly if you're moved :lol: )

My '93 A2L required a trip to my LBS, the original post with the laser etched "Barracuda" logo had been butchered and hacked very short. The digital calipers were backed up by a seat tube micrometer... my Cuda requires a 29.4mm seatpost. Luckily, I found a NOS Tioga Mountaineer DL2001 post that matches the NOS handlebar I installed not too long ago. I love those early 90's Tioga bits! They are under the radar, usually a great price, and triple butted Tange Prestige CrMo steel.

Who's next?

skubi1
Regular visitor
Regular visitor

Post by skubi1 »

the guy at the lbs measured the seat tube and was inbetween 26.7 and 26.8. the frame was heated a wee bit, temp's 98 degrees outside, so messed with the size a little bit. the .8 fit snug, the .7 had some wiggle room in there. so if anyone has a old cuda or kooka seatpost that they don't want..... XD

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

This is my favorite post of all time... loks slick and the eccentric roller allows for perfect adjustment that does not involve the clamping of the seat rails. They don't come with this high polished look anymore, Salsa cheaped out and went with a dull finish.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/bik/3110750190.html

skubi1
Regular visitor
Regular visitor

Post by skubi1 »

he's sending me the seatpost on monday. thanks for the find there! I never know what to search for on craigslist.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Right on skubi1, nice score! You'll love it! It's my favorite seatpost, I have both the polished black with the XTR gray clamp and polished silver with the XTR gray clamp. I'm always looking for more but I had to pass it along for your build, I'm glad you worked it out. Glad I could help... don't forget those pictures!

-D-