Any purple out there?

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
neo_pop_71

Any purple out there?

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey gang-

I'm following Cudarider's lead and tossing this out to all of you... I need purple anodized parts from the 80's or 90's for a new project that I landed this week. The frame is a KOGA-MIYATA from the early 90's, it uses aerospace techniques to bond (with heat) and bolt together aluminum main tubes to triple butted and splined steel stays and forks. If you happen to have any purple wheels, cranks, brakes, headsets, levers, stems, and/or handlebars, please let me know. I'm looking for anodized parts instead of painted and I can't use it if it's heavily faded (as the purple fork is so dark and not faded). If I can't find anything worth buying soon, I'll drop the idea and paint the fork black. A black fork would probably look better with the neon yellow to neon green fade paint but I had to give this survivor a chance.

Thanks for any and all the help, you guys have been very helpful before and I'm hoping this time is no different.

Have a great weekend!

-D-

pic. 1 is the frame and fork (obviously ;) ).

pic. 2 is the built in "Anti-Chain Suck" in the bottom bracket casting. Greg Herbold raced these bikes back in the day and Ringle was their main aftermarket sponsor, hence the Ringle "Anti-Suck" device that became standard on these frames.

pic.3 is the cast seat lug with the slick seat post QR and the cable stops built in.
Last edited by neo_pop_71 on April 17th, 2012, 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Any purple out there?

Post by cudarider1 »

Cool looking bike, I never even heard of it before this. I don't have any purple though, sorry.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

(C'mon, sing it with me)

Where... oh where... has all the purple ano gone... where, of where can it be?

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

I will keep my eyes open.
I was searching for a place to have some anodizing done but could not make it happen. The info on the net makes diy anodizing look easy but working with caustic chemicals is crazy...
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey Mix,

Agreed! Not sure sure how many people are brave (foolish) enough to tackle DIY anodizing... unless you scraped up some tweaker from the gutter as they are down to mix up anything!

Man, paying to have something anodized is insane! Way more expensive than chroming! No wonder it all comes out of Taiwan and China but it's all low grade garbage that you wouldn't want on your bike anyway... pretty anodized boat anchors! No thanks!

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

My first impression when I saw this bike.. "THE ZIPPER"
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis