Saddle

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Saddle

Post by cudarider1 »

I'm looking for a saddle for the A2E build, if anyone has extras laying around I would like to hear what they are and how much you want for them. pics would be great.

Mark
Founder
Founder

Re: Saddle

Post by Mark »

Wow, going so original as to the same saddle? I'm guilty of always swapping them out for one of my liking.. ;)

M

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

No, I'm not looking for an original saddle. I Just need a saddle for the bike and wanted to see what poeople had that they may not need any more. I don't have a favorite saddle. for years I rode that embroidered barracuda saddle but I sold it. I've heard good thing about th Gobi so I was considering that but I figured I'd check here first since I know most everyone has a few interisting things hanging around.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Saddle are so individualistic to the rider, I have each of these saddles presently on one or more of my bikes. I'll give you my top choice for new and used:

New

1. KOOBI - hands down the best saddle I've ever owned, not cheap but they last forever! If you're going to get your wallet out for one, spend a bit more and get the titanium rails... better ride than the CrMo rail KOOBI.

2. Koski Engineering - almost as good as KOOBI, you still get the leather cover and you save a bit of dough. Same deal as the KOOBI, get the Ti rails, not the CrMo rails, it makes a big difference in the ride quality after a couple of hours.

Used

1. SDG - only the titanium rail saddles, like a S2000, full Kevlar cover that'll last forever and (big bonus) made in the USA. I don't need any saddles but I never ever pass up a Ti rail SDG from the 90's.

2. Specialized Body Geometry - The "Pro" model from the 90's with the Ti rails and the leather cover (usually some chromed plastic bits too), awesome saddle for the road or the dirt! I have one on the "RASKAL", the bike I built for Earth Day with the Nishiki Alien frame I bought for 10 bucks and a bunch of spare parts I had in sitting around.

Sorry Cudarider, I have no saddles to spare but I hope this helps in your search. Good luck!!!

-D-

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

Definately Neo, always a help. Thanks for the info!

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey Cudarider-

What color is your A2E and/or what accent colors are you going with (if any)? I ask because I'm watching a couple of auctions that I could point out to you based on the color choice. One that's not a color issue is this gem of an auction over on FleaBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1254

I know, what do you need with 3 saddles? Simple, try each one out for a week and rank the 3 best to worst. Keep the two you like the best (one as a back up, since you know how it rides) and sell the third one. I'll put out there right now that I would buy either the SDG or the old school Selle "Flite" (not the Gel Flite) should you win the auction and want to recoup some dough. I love both of those saddles! I'm pretty sure that both the Flite saddles have titanium rails (it looks like Ti to me on the Gel Flite). I have that exact same SDG saddle on my A2L and it's an awesome saddle (IMHO).

Let me know if you're going to bid and I'll stay out of it. Also, let me know what colors you're going with and I can tell you about another couple of sweet saddles that are closing in a few days.

Good luck!

-D-

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

Thanks Neo, The A2E that I'm building is Green and silver and I have a bunch of green anno accents on the bike. Yeah, I would be happy with any one of those three saddles. I'll definately keep my eye on that three saddle auction, If it's cheap enough I might throw a bid in

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

Thanks again Neo, I won the three saddle auction so I'll be trying out the saddles and You'll have first dibs on which ever I decide not to keep.

neo_pop_71

Awesome! Now you have saddle choice!!!

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Congrats! Great call Cudarider, you scored big time ! ! !

All three of those saddles cost way more than you paid for the lot! Now for those who would poo-poo this deal, yes, they are used... but after the shipping is added on, 'Cuda is going to have three awesome saddles to try out (and pick the best for feel with the added benefit of being partially broken in) and they only set him back $14.00 each! That's a bargain! I paid $85.00 for one of those Flite saddles on sale at Supergo 15 years ago and yes I still own it and love it!

What you don't believe me?

Selle Italia has recently reissued the classic "Flite" saddle, their best selling saddle to date, check the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Selle-Italia-Flite- ... 200wt_1005

That's right! A quality leather cover with titanium seat rails will set you back a cool $120.00!!! Cudarider scored the original classic in great shape for $14.00! A sweet deal and there's no other way about it!

Thanks Cudarider for keeping me in mind... glad I could help... you find that classic Flite or SDG is not to your liking, I'll gladly take it off your hands and let you recoup some dough!

Peace,

-D-

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

Definately, Just give me some time to try them out. and You have first shot at the one I don't want. It may take a bit, I won't be doing any serious riding for a few weeks, took a nasty digger tuesday night and the ribs took a mean shot.