1995 A2E $649 on EBay

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
cometdata2
Never leaves
Never leaves

1995 A2E $649 on EBay

Post by cometdata2 »

Just been listed on a buy it now with best offer
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Barracuda-Mountain-Bike-Bicycle-Model-A2E-/190536437637?pt=Mountain_Bikes&hash=item2c5cdb4f85#ht_5601wt_836

Seller ID: lmatador
If you are into mountain bikes from this era, this is a great find. I absolutely love this bike the quality of the build is amazing. If you are looking at this listing then you probably know the story of Barracuda mountain bikes, however I did find a wonderful websited dedicated to these bikes at http://www.barracudabicycles.com
This is the model A2E which is one of the higher end models made by Barracuda. I believe that this is from the year 1995, and seems to have mostly original componenents. The bike is in great shape, does have a few nicks and scratches. I am getting a measurement of 18 inches from the center of the the bottom bracket to the top of the tub.

Tange Ultimate Superlight Sticker on the main tube
Tree Amigos sticker right under that one
Designed and Assembled in the USA sticker towards the bottom
Shimano Deore LX brake system
Shimano Deore Hyperdrive-C crank (24 speed)
Shimano Deore LX Hubs
Dia-Compe Aheadset Headset
Barracuda Seatpost
Barracuda Handlebar with Yeti Grips
Onza Bar Ends
Kyokuto Prov Vic II pedals with Bianchi toe clips
Sun L-18 rims
Ritchey Mad Max front tires and Ritchey Climb Max rear tires (will need to be replaced, showing signs of dry rot)
Serfas deep grove design saddle (this is a replacement, but a high end mtb saddle in its day)
Manitou Magnum Answer front shocks
I will have this professionaly boxed at a local reputable bike dealer for shipment, so please allow 2-3 business days for shipment.

I know it is not a bargain like others posted in this forum but thought it was worth a post
Attachments
475895788_o.jpg
475895788_o.jpg (227.12 KiB) Viewed 4319 times