The Fleet

A forum to showcase your Barracudas.
vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: The Fleet

Post by vpc66 »

Old stand by Schwinn.....that is the brand of my Fs that I gave to my wife to ride....it is a pre Wal-Mart one as well...shame when you pull them out and folks are like Wally world bike
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Man, give those fools the finger!!!

I would love to own another 1997 to 1999 Schwinn Homegrown Factory! Those frames were made by Yeti in Durango during that brief spell after Jon Parker (Yeti's founder) sold the company to Schwinn. Here are the key nuggets... Bass Boat metal flake paint jobs, must be 6061 aluminum with the sticker on the frame, and no disc brake tabs. If it's a Bass Boat paint job, but is 7000 series aluminum or has disc brake tabs on the rear triangle... that is a 2000 model, still American made by ControlTech for Schwinn but not a legit Yeti frame. I owned one and it was just as amazing as my '93 Yeti; it was easily one of the greatest bikes I have ever owned! Please ignore the idiots on Ebay screaming about "Bass Boat" this and that, pay attention to the nuggets I mentioned above and you can't go wrong! Please sweet Jesus, if you ever find one near you that fulfills the nuggets and it's not stupidly expensive, let me know. I'd really appreciate it in a huge way!!! I'm a Cudahead through and through... but a Yeti is a Yeti and I'd love to replace the one that was stolen from me years ago.

Over and out...

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

, if you ever find one near you that fulfills the nuggets and it's not stupidly expensive, let me know.
nd out...[/Over aquote]

You set the bar very high don't you,I'am always amazed when I see the price they go for....but will remember if I see one that might stay somewhat at a normal price.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

It's possible... I just missed out on a small one in Newport Beach two weeks ago, the seller was only asking $35.00!!! :o Something to the effect like, "Old Schwinn that never gets ridden. Just want it of of the garage. Priced to sell..." Now I find myself checking every Schwinn ad on Craigslist. Nope... next... :roll:

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Are you saying my 98 is designed by Yeti? It looks like the Homegrown frame..
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

My Sweetspot S-30 is different from the Yeti built version....

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

mixalive wrote:Are you saying my 98 is designed by Yeti? It looks like the Homegrown frame..

Sorry Mix but only the Homegrown Factory and Toyota Team bikes with the Bass Boat paintjobs were made by Yeti. There were some late 1999 and early 2000 frames that had the Bass Boat paint but those were made by ControlTech for Schwinn. The remainder of the 2000 Homegrowns were made by ControlTech but had solid color paint. You're actually quite lucky brother Mix, you have 2 in your backyard... a hardtail and a full suspension... :mrgreen:

vqdkp-3180144674@sale.craigslist.org
1998 Schwinn Homegrown Bass Boat Blue - $600 (Austin)
"1998 19" SRAM Factory Team Schwinn Homegrown with 98 Rock Shox SID, SRAM 9.0, XT and Synchros components. I acquired from a SRAM factory racing team member in 2000 and it's been collecting dust since 2003 when I bought a full suspension. This is no walmart Schwinn."

x83hg-3095969748@sale.craigslist.org
1999 Schwinn 4-Banger 19" Frame & Front Shock - $349 (Austin, TX)
"If this ad is still up, I still have the frame and shock!
Up for grabs is a 1999 19" Schwinn Homegrown 4-Banger mountain bike frame and front shock in great condition! The Homegrown series of Schwinn mountain bikes have come to have somewhat of a cult following for their unique geometry and bulletproof construction, and 1999 marked the last year that these bikes were made by Yeti. The frame has a carbon fiber rear suspension system, and the shock is a RockShox SID Dual Air.
For more information about the full bike (again, I'm only selling the frame and front shock), check out the details here:
http://www.bonustomato.com/web/?q=node/347
Asking $349, but I'll entertain other offers!"